Updated 21 December 2020
Harrows is committed to acting in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 in relation to your personal information.
In this Policy:
- “we”, “us”, “our” and like terms means Harrows Contract Furniture Limited;
- “site”, “website” and like terms means www.harrows.co.nz;
- “you” and like terms means you, whether you are a customer, supplier or a user of our website;
- “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, and in relation to our business as a furniture manufacturer and supplier can include your name, address, phone number, email address, IP address, time zone, some of the cookies that are installed on your device, and other observations where an individual is identified. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site.
What this Policy does
This Policy sets out how, when and why we collect personal information about you, who we might collect it from, how we can use it, how we store it, how you can access and correct it, and when we might disclose it to others.
The How, When, Who and Why
We will collect personal information from you when you sign up to become a Harrows customer or supplier (over the telephone, email, online or by completing an application form), when you sign up for our promotions, when you visit our website, when you call us (or when we call you) and when you purchase our products or use our services.
We collect personal information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you submit a form on the site we will collect certain information from you including name, email, phone number and company name.
On occasion Harrows may receive your personal information from third parties, such as our business partners, in conjunction with joint marketing promotions and associated promotional activity, and credit reference agencies.
The personal information we collect from or about you will be used only for the purposes of conducting our business, supplying you with our products and services and keeping you informed about aspects of our products and services that may be of interest to you. For example, we may hold and use your personal information to:
- process your account application;
- invoice you;
- provide customer service and support;
- communicate with you;
- offer you special offers and other promotions;
- enforce the terms of any agreement we have with you;
- to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
How we store (and look after) your personal information
We treat personal information which we collect from you in the same way that we treat our other confidential information. This involves protecting it from misuse and loss, as well as from modification and disclosure. We will store your personal information securely in our database. Access is restricted to only those people who require the information for our business purposes. Our website uses HTTPs SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to apply an encrypted layer to all requests to and from harrows.co.nz.
Sharing your personal information
We share your personal information with third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above. For example, we use Salespanel to power our CRM – you can read more about how Salespanel uses your Personal Information here: https://salespanel.io/privacy/. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Behavioural Advertising – As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. You can opt out of targeted advertising by: Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads or Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to third parties. These third parties may include:
- credit reference agencies;
- potential or existing marketing or business partners, who will be required to enter into appropriate confidentiality undertakings if the relationship does not proceed;
- potential or actual purchasers of our business, who will be required to enter into appropriate confidentiality undertakings if the purchase does not proceed.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Access and correction
If you would like to view or update the information we hold about you, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 0800 142 233. If the information is not accurate, complete or up to date, you may ask us to correct it.
Changing this Policy
We may at our discretion update or revise this Policy at any time. Any changes will take effect immediately upon being posted on our websites. It is your responsibility to check this Policy regularly for any modifications or updates. Your continued use of our services after any changes have been posted on our websites indicates your acceptance of those changes.